View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Upgrade: Polo Gti vs Fiesta XR4

Howdy,

Between September 07 - December 07, I will be looking to upgrade from the Fiesta Zetec to either a Polo GTi or XR4, but am really un decided which one is right for me. I like both of them in different ways. Here are my thoughts on each.

Polo Gti -

Negative - Not as stylish looking as XR4 exterior wise.

Positive - Great roomy interior (Full leather + Sunroof as options), 110kws that can be beefed up to 150kws for a simple 2.5grand. Awesome exhaust note, Very chuckable in twisties. Love the acceleration and torque. Feels like a more grown up car. Will hold its value in 3 years

Fiesta XR4 -

Negative - Not easily modable compared to Polo. No full leather option. Interior is a very similar to the regular fiestas. Not a fan of thin multispoke wheels. People will percieve it as a boy racer car. Waiting list.

Positive - Looks more aggressive. Pulls more G's on twisties, apparently handles alot better. Better choice of colours and stripes as option.
Sounds awesome on the Youtube videos. WIll be more exclusive as not many available in the first few months.

There is more things to take into account with each, but here is the kicker.

My brother is looking to sell his Polo Gti (upgrading his family and polo would be useless and he already has his toy) and offered it to me for a bargain (with in reason). Now i was the one who introduced him to Polo Gti as i always wanted one way before the XR4 was confirmed for AUS. But prior to that i said "if the XR4 comes to AUS i would get it no matter what".

So my question is would you take the Polo Gti knowing
A) you can get it for a cheaper price
B) you can mod it for the same price a XR4 on road would cost you.
C) Its better bang for buck in the long run.

Obviously taking each for a test drive will close the deal, but theoretically which would you take and why...

Cheers

Damo