View Single Post
Old 26-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #13
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: Lifter recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I've got Crow 5300H lifters which are supposed to be a replacement for the original lifters.
To tension down the rocker bolts (30Nm), what position does the crankshaft have to be at. Thinking TDC would not be right as the pushrods would not be at the lowest point of the cam lobes, but maybe this does not matter as the lifters are hydraulic. Do the exhaust and inlet have to be tensioned at different positions. Thought they had to turned down about 3/4 of a turn after tension reached. But maybe I'm thinking if single rockers.
Also thinking of doing the springs as well ( got a set of Crow replacement). Anyone recommend a good spring compressor. Found one in US (LMT) but not sure which one I need. Sold here at Outlaw Speed Shop and are around the $380 mark
Have not replaced lifters before, that's why the questions.
If the lifters are the same dimensions as the original lifters (and they should be), then no adjustment needed.
If the height is slightly different, then you might need to farnackle around with shims.
Wind them down about 0.030" preload.

TDC is is what you want, otherwise you won't get the lifters out on the corners.

Grab one of these for the springs -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universa...VXkl:rk:2:pf:0