View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #136
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Each to their own I guess. I wouldn't call the Ranger undersized pathetic toy truck, But Id probably call the F150 oversized they are longer than most peoples Garages.

They make the Ranger in Diesel here because that's what the popular demand is for.
which could be a lot to do with what we pay for Fuel In Australia compared to the US.
I do agree with you that everything here seems overpriced compared to other countries
Problem is we have no variety here. You are forced into a midsize diesel if you want a 4x4 or dual cab ute.
If fullsize American utes were sold here for maybe 15-20k more than the equivalent current range of midsize utes, they would sell so many.
But I'm sure they make more profit of Thai utes so they don't want to bring the Americans here if it will cut into overall profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
so how come everyone was so blown away by the video, and then so ****ed at the news about the engine? doesn't the video show the engine is okay? how about all you guys actually jumping in it and driving before you bag it.
Smashing through the country side might look impressive but it doesn't showcase the engine.
You will be pretty unimpressed in your tough new Raptor when you plant your foot at a freeway merge and you are struggling to keep up with the Camry in front because your Raptor weighs 2+tonnes and has 150kws. Plus 4 cylinders don't sound tough 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Pretty interesting, 75% of Amarok sales in Australia are now the V6

http://www.caradvice.com.au/588581/2...ne-tow-rating/
I bet before the Amarok was released some market research expert said "4 cylinder diesel manual is all that's needed. Our research says that's what ute buyers want"
Then they added an Auto and many people bought them.
Then they added a decent engine and many people bought them.

Last edited by Ben73; 03-10-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: