View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #36
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 
Default Re: Photobucket... WTF!!

Well... After many attempts, stops and starts, typical PB freeze ups, log outs and re log ins, I have now successfully downloaded all my images from PB, in their respective albums as zip files. This is around 1900 images, 250Mb in total. This is a major step in possibly re-building my main threads (x2) here at AFF and it feels good to have all folders copied out of PB and on my own computer. I have found that a number of images have been corrupted in the download, but it may not be that many and they could be replaced.

Note that I had all of the images on my HD anyway, but they are scattered in various folders and at various sizes. The prospect of finding each one, relevant to my threads would take forever and drive me mad, no doubt. Thus, the copy of the actual PB folders makes things much easier.... I now have the exact image files, same size (mostly at 640px wide for my threads), with the same respective jpg file name as linked in the threads.

I would certainly encourage others with PB stored images to download their albums. Things are getting pretty bent out of shape at Photobucket.... this could very well be the downward spiral for them!

The prospect of fixing my threads, with some much needed assistance from AFF, seems distinctly possible now. The free AFF website is such a great resource and a credit to the team that keep the site running. There are hundreds of fascinating and informative build and project car threads here that deserve to stay online, with all the great pics, for all of the future car enthusiasts to come.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: