View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:53 AM   #34
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: OH the pain, Bundaberg Black – VAT 89 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^ View Post
Bundaberg Black – VAT 89 1991

I am not normally a drinker, last night I thought I would have a glass of Bundy rum in ginger ale. So went to get a bottle, as I do drink rum from time to time. Rather than opening the new bottle I brought the other day I thought I would open the one that has been sitting around for years with the few other spirits bottles I have. I would have just brought this at a local bottle shop many years ago.
I had my drink and it was amazing, so tonight I thought I would see if I could get some more of this particular type but it’s not listed on the Bundy website, so I though Google would be the place to look. Oh what a mistake that was, went to an eBay link to see a bottle listed at a starting price of $400 and one finalised at $600. OH me, Oh my why did I not look at this before I opened the bottle or drink the new one I brought.

I would have brought this in 1991, just shows how often I do drink and what I don’t know. Ah well it sure is good though, had another glass tonight.
Hello,
Rum is meant to be drunk straight,you did the right thing, why let some investor look at it on a shelf for the rest of his life,you did the right thing,good on you,and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I used to get coke bottles of the rum liqueur from a mate who worked at Bundy,that was in 1981 coming back from the Territory, wow,my eyeballs would "wobble" around every step I took the next morning,talk about dry horrors,I could of "sucked a cow dry" no worries!

I'm glad you drunk it..

Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote