View Single Post
Old 13-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #38
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: following aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
I had heard an aircraft passing over yesterday afternoon from Tullamarine and i just made out it was a large twin and grey through the cloud.I went to flightradar and it showed no aircraft so i assumed it was the RAAF A330.
Military aircraft do not show up on Flightradar24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
IRegarding aircraft curfews for major cities i think they need to be reviewed.Most of the curfews were implemented when aircraft had low bypass engines such as the 707,727.Engine technology has improved vastly and aircraft like the 787,A350 and A380 have a much lower noise footprint.
Modern aircraft can be a LOT noisier....and a lot are.

For example the piece of junk called A320/330 series have a design flaw in the underwing area by way of a fuel filler vortex noise that gives it the annoying scream more than 20klms from a runway. Jetstar have so far refused to fit a 50 dollar sheet metal deflector to abate the noise, ever other carrier in the world has done so. UK airports charge a noise levy for each arrival of an aircraft NOT fitted with the modification.

In Hobart recently flight paths had to be moved due to a group of residents taking the govt department responsible to court..... The new SIDS/STARS navigation system makes flight paths so tight that if you are under one you get all planes flying over you....absolutely appaling noise.

Airports hate the "C" word...(curfew)...they will do anything to avoid one...it restricts their business model severely.

With the current Covid situation a lot of people don't know they are in one of the new SIDs/STARS flight paths....but wait till things settle down...it will shock a lot of people particularly in QLD.....you can go to the AirServices website to see what they have done...my advice ...sell your house now.

Here is a link with decibel meters in real time...

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com...noise/webtrak/

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote