View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 09:49 PM   #34
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: following aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
I had heard an aircraft passing over yesterday afternoon from Tullamarine and i just made out it was a large twin and grey through the cloud.I went to flightradar and it showed no aircraft so i assumed it was the RAAF A330.
I assume you mean a twin jet as opposed to a twin turbo prop? The B350s (twin turbo prop) from Sale regularly visit Tulla (as do the PC-21s from time to time) and about 1/3 of their flights don't appear on fr24.

The other option, if it was a jet, is a BBJ from Canberra. They come down to Sale reasonably often (lots of relatively free airspace available for pilot continuation training) and I'd guess about half their flights are not on fr24 either. That would make more sense, to me, as a visitor to tulla than a KC-30A (A330). Not that a KC-30A at tulla would be unheard of.

Talking of visitors to tulla, I've noticed that the aircraft from sale appear to have been visiting (touch and gos) a lot more during covid. I guess less traffic makes it easier to achieve without impacting rpt operations.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote