View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #26
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Default Re: Euthanasia - your thoughts?

No option of "undecided" in the Poll.

Nearly 30 years ago, my first wife died of cancer, aged 34. I did not want to put her into Hospital for that last month of life [undetermined at the time] and rather her die at home with me and the girls, 7 and 9 yrs. and friends visiting.

There was home nursing then and they were fantastic and came once a day.

She was just on morphine for pain management and it was adjusted according as she required it.
At no time did she say she was in pain. We had the morphine in the fridge and they said to use it in the required dose when she needed it.

She died peacefully at home.

That is why I am undecided on the issue.
So many people say their relatives or friends died in pain towards the end. But from my one experience with dealing with this, is that I ask ,why is this so?
Is it that in Hospital the patient does not get the required dosages that they need ??
I can understand that the Hospitals would have strict regulations in this regard, but I wonder if that maybe their regs need looking at .

Maybe at home they know there is one-on-one care all the time to monitor, and know their signs and communications ?
In saying that, I never went over the instructed dosages or timings.
In saying that, I am not saying I didn't think about it towards the end.

It was quite hard for me to write this and bring back old memories, but they were good.

Euthanasia will always be a decisive issue.
And I am still on the fence.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote
10 users like this post: