View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #20
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Sure I do as I bought it on Aug 1977 when it was 10 years old and used it as a paddock basher, it was a rust bucket and had a hole in the back floor that you could of climbed through. it did 97mph flat out, I remember seeing that many a time. it went well and blew the 3.36 ratio crown wheel at about 160,000 miles, engine and auto did 250,000 miles and had cracked a cyl head at about 190,000 miles as old man tryed to drag the copes off but the big XB 250 caught him up and they toped up the radiator and cracked the head, so he bought a brand new head for it.
My mum got a XR Falcon 500 200ci auto and I still have that down the paddock but the HR went out to the reef in 1979.
She was a white Special with red inside and I remember mum would hook in to it taking off all the time and dad would be just flat to the floor on the highway and I liked that, but that seemed to be the norm back in them days with everyone's dad that I knew of.
When it was brand new the first day I painted all the chrome on it with house paint, yep I remember that day
Yep. with 4 wheel unassisted drums to pull the car up too - add a few water puddles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Yes the 240Z is a different car to a 260C and the 260C has it's place only it's not my cup of tea at all.But the 240Z is not a bad little jigger in it's self to be sure but look at the price as well. no one bagged the 240z But look at the 240K I had one of them what a bucket that was and people claim that they were good .
You probably should've gone a Datsun 1600 as the paddock basher - would've been more suited.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote