Thread: Ford Maverick ?
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #59
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Re: Ford Maverick ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMOND View Post
Mate let me guess, you drive a landcruiser, or you haven't had much to do with 4WDs.
No landcruiser. Have experienced 80 series cruisers, a troopy and a 79 series ute along with a GQ wagon similar to above.
Used to have a turbo diesel 4x4 of sorts (that I'm not naming to not be used for fan boy arguments) that was worlds ahead of all of the above. Will never understand the attraction to these tractor like egomobiles. Slow, drives like crap, sounds like crap especially with the popular 3" exhaust and is expensive to run and maintain unless the 5 people I know are all liars.

They will however go far and do incredible things IF fitted with at least one diff lock. I don't get how you people spend $2000 on giant 33"+ tyres and skimp on diffs when one locker will get you further than any tyre.

I understand why the bloke above has what he has living in Sydney, it's the only thing that will actually do the tracks available nearest to Sydney (Newnes, Lithgow area). That place is so chewed up and rutted out (perhaps by 3tonne+ 33" open diffed full sized 4x4's perhaps). I moved from Sydney in 2013 and it was alright still when I had my 4x4. Went back last year and we were struggling to find tracks to do in a new Ranger XLT and modded 79 series.
So fine for maybe 5% of weekly driving, if used once a week Offroad that is.

There's nothing good I can see about these. By all means poke holes in my posts, I know nay sayers who speak against these things are always shot down by the big fan boys and must always have the last word.

Weight destroys tracks. Especially with open diffs. And giant tyres. And then the 4x4 community cry when councils close tracks due to damage. Hmmmmmmm....

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: