View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #40
moneypit

Default Re: Wots going on with crude oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest View Post
We're most likely thinking on different levels. My comment was based solely on differing preferences on cars. There's no right and wrong. If there was, we'd only need one car and we'd all own it.

I don't know what "all of this" is but history tells us that the road is always "crumbling underneath".
There are countless historic examples of this or that invention or event, etc, meaning the end of the world.

If youtube had been around when rock and roll hit the scene it would have been full of doomsayers. For that reason I don't follow youtube links (ie that youtube is full of doomsayers).

I reckon someone will inform me if the world actually ends
You are living on a planet right now. A rock floating in space. It has finite resources and finite amounts of oxygen. Finite amounts of land.

The way that we think today the "all of this" of our society is hedged upon the bet that we live in a world where there are infinite resources on the planet.

Once that balance is put back into place then we can live in harmony with the planet and I guarantee you that an episode of The Block won't be airing on television.

Failure to accept the fact that we are on a planet with finite resources is the "all of this" that people are attached to. If this planet was called Mars and we were living on a colony on Mars we would have to deal with this lack of resources on an everyday basis. But we have the luxury of living on a planet with fresh air.

We have to take responsibility and pay back the debt that we've taken from the planet or else we won't have a planet left. The wow factor which really shocks me is that everyone thinks that buying a hybrid is going to fix things. Its much bigger than that. If you're not growing food at home you will be a part of the big finacial crunch of the future.

We need to all collectivley pay off the home that we have right now and collectivley refuse to pay land rates. Then grow food on our land and cut off all of the utilities. If we don't do this we will be perpetually stuck on an ever growing price increase in the cost of items and it will crush everyone.

Sure you can get an electric car and charge them with solar panels that are on your roof, that is a desirable thing that is still possible to do post-collapse. But right now we are dependent upon a system that is based upon the thinking of the 1950s when we all used alkaline batteries and drove V8 gas guzzlers and had homes 40km away from the city center and got our food from another country.

Once we start thinking locally we can start to build a sustainable society. Keeping on buying SUVs isn't going to fix anything its just a bandaid on the old system, designed to make you feel happy. Probably the only device which would survive post-collapse would be a bicycle with a wagon attached to the back. Those SUVs will be useless because the cost to fill up a tank will be incredible.

And once there is a finacial collapse then good luck affording a new battery pack for a hybrid/all electric when the cost of lithium is incredible.

I don't even care if the farming at home is done by machines and is fully automated. Plastic right now is incredibly cheap and recycling can keep a steady supply of cheap plastic for us. And the machines can be solar powered. But the thing is we need to start doing these things, we need the experience and we need the foundations and we need the guts to quit our jobs and start being sustainable.

Just be sure that you know how to recognize the signs of a collapse.

Last edited by moneypit; 14-06-2017 at 03:26 PM.