View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default EOI: A Riverina Based Ford Club

Well guys,

after the relative success of our first ever meet in Wagga, i have decided to explore the idea of setting up a proper, committee based Ford vehicle Club here in Wagga Wagga and the surrounding area.
As i'm sure some of you already know, there are numerous Ford clubs in the area (Albury-Wodonga, FPVXR Club of ACT, FPVXR Sydney etc), but in Wagga itself there is a real lack of car clubs - about the only one i know of here is the Mini Cooper club, and obviously we cant join that.

The goal would be to establish a register of vehicles and owners who can be contacted and work together to plan events such as cruises, dinners etc. It would most definately be a family orientated club, and would cater for pretty much anyone who drives a Ford (regardless of what model, year etc). There are already numerous events around such as the Albury AFD in January, and the Hillis Ford All Ford Day which is held every 2 years. Therefore, there are already enough things on a yearly basis to have a club presence at, and on top of that, there is always the oppotunity to have weekend cruise and dinner occasions etc etc.

So, please give me your input, and in particular let me know if you would be interested in joining. I will talk to a few of the guys who turned up to our meet a few nights back and see what they think, but i would love to hear from people who have been involved in the formation and running of similar clubs, as well as anyone who thinks they might be interested in joining.

Any suggestions or input are most welcome, and very much appreciated!

Last edited by b2tf; 02-01-2005 at 04:42 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote