View Single Post
Old 14-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #8
leesa

Default Re: Insurance/traffic accident question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
I was driving down the road in my ute, and the traffic ahead was turning right, so a couple of cars moved into the left lane to go around and then merge back to the left right?, as you do.
I went around, and then was indicating to merge left right, when a woman from behind tried to come up my inside, and her mirror was knocked off by the back corner of the tray.
As per others, what you've written doesn't make sense unless you meant to say what I edited above.

If that's the case, I actually think that you're in the wrong. If her mirror was in line with the back corner of your tray then her bonnet was even further ahead so the lane was not clear for you to merge into.
You're supposed to indicate... check it's clear... merge. Did you do the ol' indiciate-as-i'm-merging-without-having-a-decent-look-for-traffic? It sounds like you did because if you'd indicated and waited any decent length of time afterwards, the other driver would have had time to brake a smidge and let you in. so it sounds to me like you've quickly jumped back into the right hand lane without checking as you'd presumed noone could have come up into that lane in the time it took you to go around.

However... drivers that race up to close gaps really **** me off. Particularly when it's two lanes about to merge into one. If I'm in the left lane and someone is way back in the right but speeding up to try and pass me before it merges, we both know damn well that they're not going fast enough to get clear infront before the merge arrives, which will result in me having no road left to drive on as we're now side-by-side at the merge point.
So the only option for the driver in the left lane is to merge before it becomes necessary and practically cut off a speeding driver who almost always then gets the ****s. Can't win!
4 users like this post: