View Single Post
Old 31-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #54
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Planning on playing golf again

Played my first comp with a handicap the weekend just been, which was the local 2 day open (sat and sun). My Initial HC after my first 3 rounds was 17.9 which put me in C grade haha. Local course is par 72. I came third on the sat with a nett 72. On Sunday I won with a nett 71, and won overall stroke and nett over the 2 days. This brought my HC down to 13.4. 4 strokes to go to reach my end of year goal.

I started well sat with +3 going into the 8th, where I hit GIR but ended with a triple, and lost it from there. Didn't hit a fairway all day off the tee. Sun I only missed 2 fairways off the tee with 220+ drives dead straight. I finally pulled my head out 13 holes in paring the last 5 of 6 holes. My putting has been great. So much confidence in the scotty Cameron. Since changing my iron swing/ball/hand location my chipping went down hill. But big upside is I have my drive back and my fairway wood has been priceless, sitting just short of 2 par 5's for 2 in head winds (but making par haha).

Regardless, after 5 rounds including my 3 initial HC cards, just need to scratch off another 4 strokes, which should be easier enough for me to do. When I remember what I need to do; in order, what Simon took me through the other weekend its all good hits. Head game is much better. #singlefiguesin3months

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote