View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #32
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Planning on playing golf again

Ok, so got the titleist irons in yesterday and went for a quick hit on the driving range with 4,5,6 and 8i. Probably hit 70% ok, and 40% well. But the build quality and feel is superb. I can tell these irons will do me well. I love the blade with a slight cavity. I do hit well and given I was trying slight differences with grip, stance and addressing the ball, they still felt good. The weight will take a bit of getting used to, but that's not a bad thing. Surprisingly, the 4 and 5i were my better hits. This is a big thing for me as I struggled with the longer irons, but pretty good 6 - GW. Struggled at first with the 8i, but slowed my tempo and got some nice solid connections. Even with a slight miss hit, for a blade orientated iron was pretty forgiving.

Just bought the 900F3 fairway wood to match my driver. 909F3 has mid launch and low spin which suits me because it does get windy with strong gusts in Whyalla, although, id like to change it from 15d to maybe 12/15d. Looking for a good 60d wedge and putter next. I think ill let the pro sort me out with them though.

#singlefigures #6months

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: