View Single Post
Old 31-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, for anyone till wondering on this, i have done it.

it's only a month old, lol

anyway....i'm assuming you all know how to get the dash facia off? if not, you need to remove the head unit and the ash tray. there are 2 screws in behind where the ashtray sits, and one off to each side of where the head unit sits. undo all these and simply pull it away from the dash (it won't go far because the heater controls will stop it).

remove the falcon badge from the top of the dash and place the clock in the opening. screw the clock to the mounting brackets on the back of the facia. the wiring is as follows, i didn't use an actual plug, just small crimping terminals with electrical tape over the ends so they don't short out onto each other. you could also use heatshrink. for power, i tapped into the radio loom, you will have to check the wires if you have a stock head unit, as mine is aftermarket i tapped into the bridging loom between the 2 plugs.

as for the clock this is the diagram:

i'm pretty sure the dimming input is that one, but just check it. turn the parkers on and see if it dims, if it's not that one, it will be the one below it. acc power has to be those 2 terminals, otherwise you won't get any display out of the clock. as for the wiring, all power wires are available from the stereo loom, dash dimming included.
off:
(image 177)

just on acc:
image178

with lights on:
image179 missing

(sorry for the really crap quality, you can just make out the difference. i also think there are pins for a light for the buttons, but i'm not sure which ones they are. and the series 2/3 haven't got them anyway, so...)

anyway, that's my quick write up on installing a clock into an au1. i think mine was out of an xr6, not that that should make any difference...

good luck guys, hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: png clockdiagram_bode-sh_dia.png (3.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg clock_177_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg clock_178_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg clock_179_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 14-11-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: pb
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote