Thread: New MD ecoboost
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #64
DougalXR6

Default Re: New MD ecoboost

I have felt the steering guide the car back within the lane on my Mondeo.

Have you switched Lane Keeping Alert and Aid, both on in the set up menu? You are able to select: Alert; Aid; Alert and Aid, as well as the amount of vibration.

When you press the button on the indicator stalk three times the Lane Keeping Aid indicator will iluminate in the instrument panel indicating that it is switched on. During normal driving the dotted lines, which indicate the lane will be green. When they turn to yellow the car will apply torque steer as required. When they turn red the steering wheel will vibrate to indicate that you are outside of the lane.

If the function is tuning on and off when you press the button three times I suspect that you only have the Alert function switched on in the setup menu. The owners manual also states that you have to turn lane keeping alert and aid on each time you start the car however, this is not correct as the function stays on until you press the button on the indicator stalk to turn it off.

You are quite right about the owners manual being poorly written. It requires trial and error to work out how some functions operate.

Last edited by DougalXR6; 03-06-2016 at 11:20 AM.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: