View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 05:04 AM   #6
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Urgent - Perth members

Hi,
Should be several members on here from Perth, including myself, who can look at it if required.

Assuming it is a private sale, since you describe it's in South Perth.

I have seen this topic of interstate car purchase being discussed on AFF before.
It involves risk and inconvenience both for the seller and purchaser.
A seller would obviously prefer to sell to a buyer that offers the quickest payment and hassle free process. If seller has a choice of buyers it would be natural to prefer a local buyer, and find a buyer that is ready to go ahead with funds ready.

If the seller is willing to hold the car for you for 3-4 days, you could have someone look at it, then jump on the plane yourself the next day, have a final look at it yourself to confirm the pre-inspection matches your own expectations, hand over the cash and sign the registration transfer papers yourself. Then deliver it to a transport yard, fly home, and wait for it to arrive a few days later.

The difficulties and risks if you don't turn up yourself is in regards to handing over the payment, and making sure you get the car. You can't expect the seller to hand over keys and registration transfer papers to anyone until they have full payment.

The technical side of it to ensure the car has no mechanical problems could be to see proof of full service history or a recent inspection report. When I sold one of my cars recently I took it to Pedders for their $28 inspection of suspension and brakes, and showed that report to the potential buyers.

PS: When you are looking at WA car ads, the license plate number tells you how long since the car was inspected and licensed, for example 1AAAxxx is from approx. 2003, Now we are up to 1GNNxxx.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: