View Single Post
Old 17-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #49
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Labor's Pitch to save Mechanic Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
In post 32 you don't get what the issue is.

Now you reveal your using Pirated software to bypass Cummins....
and are also paying $7K+ to get Volvo Mack.
Local Volvo franchise charge $200 to hook the laptop up to a truck.
A private workshop will recoup the initial outlay for the laptop, software and annual fees while charging less than half that in no time. None of the pirated Volvo software we tried seemed to of worked.

But what I’m getting at is there are ways around it for one band band/private garages.So yeah, I don’t get what the issue is. Unless I’m reading it wrong it’s just a storm in a teacup. Is Shorten trying to gain votes by ‘sticking’ it to those evil corporations?

Re post 41. You’re correct but I think thats the reputation and misconception VTNZ have relied on since day one. May have been true back in the day. From my experience they are unrealistic when it comes to vehicle defects. By the book, too anal. Some people and families don’t have the financial ability to drive some thing more than a $1500 AU or Camry etc. so when they take it to VTNZ and the unreasonable inspector fails it on a cracked indicator lense, slightly frayed seatbelt, surface rust on steel brake lines, moisture (not leaking) at the ends of the steering rack, rust bubble at the door/windscreen rubber, to name a few, the repair bill stacks up and some people cant afford that sort of repair costs for something that isn’t really a safety issue. WOFs are good easy coin for private garages. $50 per check, which can be done in half hour. They don’t want to burn repeat customers.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: