View Single Post
Old 30-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #39
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by David See
I guess, as long as the local car comes up to scratch, then it would be a smarter buy as I wouldn't have to drive to Sydney (Fuel $$$$) for the services/warranty, but then again maybe I could save some more serious money if I decline the warranty in the first place. That's if they would allow it.

It's a clean car, no doubt about it, reasonably low km's (88,000 for a 2004 model) and looks great (that is if you like 4WD's).

Personally, I think I would be doing well if I got the Sydney one for $32k. A lot is going to ride on the Gosford one tomorrow.
Ask the question about the warranty mate. I bought a wrx a few years ago and saved $1200 not buying the warranty. Also saved countless dollars not getting charged $165 min service fee.

Some car yards do really discount there cars to floor cost or very close if the car has sat for 30-60 days. I have a mate who owns a car yard and will burn a car that has sat for over 60 days cause he doesnt want the town thinking that he never sells cars. On the other hand a yard on the other side of town has had the same BA mk2 gtp for sale for the last 18 months and not dropped the price once.

Good luck mate, be nice to the salesperson. They are just trying to make a living. But if they treat you like **** talk to someone else.
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote