View Single Post
Old 25-07-2021, 01:13 PM   #237
Ben

Default Re: Definitive AU1 to AU2/AU3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Yes bolts straight on, depending on your dust shield you might (probably) have to trim the cut out bigger, since the caliper is bigger/wider than what was there before.

As mentioned use spacers to get it sitting centred over the disc. A good way to see for yourself what is required is to remove the caliper bracket from the caliper body(the body being the bit with the piston).

Then you bolt the caliper bracket on by itself with the disc on, and it becomes quite obvious where it has to live to be centred over the disc, try get the same space on each side of the bracket where its cut out to fit over the disc.

3mm is about right, rolan on ebay sells ARP brand hardened washers which i like, some generic washers arent so great, it depends, you just dont want ones that are soft and crush etc. when torqued.
Thanks mate will go with arp washers for sure.

Just got ordered a set of refurbed terry 328mm rears.

Think I will contact race brakes sydney to see if they can make up some new lines for the rear.

Fronts seem to be elusive as of right now I did see RBS sell a 325mm front kit same as on the ba gt.