View Single Post
Old 15-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #69
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Well a year sure has gone fast and we've clocked up 34000km in our Mondeo. So what's it like after a year.

Still a fantastic fun ride that is a joy to drive, mind you it hasn't been without some issues.

Overall Ford have been pretty good when it comes to fixing faults. So far we've had the drivers side door trim replaced. The centre console lid and catch and the washer hose for the windscreen.

Our latest visit Ford means we are getting the front passenger door trim replaced and the passenger side front seat head rest.

There are a couple of things Ford wont do or update. One is the 'trim' around the rear hatch window. It collects water when it rains and when you lift the hatch lid it pours into the boot area. The other one is they wont update the HDMI to the 2008 spec. It seems it's in the too hard basket for these things.

As the car sits on low profile 18"x8" rims it goes through tyre rubber quick. This was something I was aware of before we purchased so no complaints there. We've gone from the factory Continentals to Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenza RE001's. They seem to be a popular choice amongst the XR5 owners on the Aussie Ford forum.

In conclusion is it a good car? I'd have to say yes it is a good drive, plenty of room for the five of us. Just need a bit more oomph. I can see a Superchips Bluefin edit coming soon
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote