View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #82
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I honestly think we see the end goal very similarly mate, only from different ends of the spectrum.
You see hope and optimism and suggest we wait and see, I see frustration and say get the **** on with it then.
True and this is why I don't resort to name calling, Ford has a lot to do to convince buyers
to even consider future purchases let alone commit to one.... but what really gives me hope
is the way Ranger was developed with Aussie market in mind, yes they transitioned their
Falcon and Territory buyers where the Holden guys obviously walked away.

Quote:
See, I read this and I scratch my head, it wasn't that long ago that certain Ford stalwarts told us that the ecoblue 2.0l with twin blowers was the way of the future and the old 'no replacement for displacement' mantra was so yesteryear and we had to get with the times, now you, who I give more credence to than all the others combined, suggest Ford needs a 3.0l V6 for Ranger and Raptor...go figure, I agree.
OK, I can see how Ford's power train policy can be confusing, even to me.

Ford adopted a policy of wanting to move its Ranger and Everest buyers away from the
Puma 3.2 Diesel because, the new Powerstroke V6 was not available to Gen 1 T6 Ranger.
Those decisions were made years before, the new Panther diesels would replace the
older, larger I-4 and I-5 Puma diesels. No through development of V6 for Gen 1 T6.
was why the American only got a four cylinder EB engine, Ford was already deep in
developing next Gen T6 back in 2016.

What Ford didn't expect was the major backlash to Ranger Raptor, the regular Ranger
buyers gladly accepted the new more efficient two litre diesel. There's still a big market
there that Ford can capitalise on with larger more powerful engines, Gen two T6 brings
a lot of changes and seems to be now accepting that Aussie buyers like capacity, those
six cylinder engines... that's a big win and why I have a lot of confidence that Ford has
turned a corner, not that we will see it until new products arrive.

Last edited by jpd80; 08-11-2019 at 06:57 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: