View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #72
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
It wasn't meant as a warning as I’m not a moderator and have no right to make such a demand. The thing is comments such as those relate to the socio-economic environment you are directly situated in. Now Bent-8 divulged his background and reasons for his opinion to which I thank him.

Now in my case, I live in an area where similar people of the differing racial backgrounds described by Bent-8 live however the closest they come to buying a Toyota is a Lexus.
BMW, MB, Audi, LR and Porsche are the chosen brands of these more affluent buyers and that’s what I’ve seen in the part of Melbourne I live in. So that’s my bubble and what I see.

Toyota’s success starts with having a product or two in almost every segment from small car to van and everything in between. You can only dominate the overall market if you have the biggest product range. It has a reputation for reliable products and while less so today still has a massive bank of credit to trade off before it could start to suffer. When times are financially tough, people go safe, cut out the luxury items and stick to what they know or have been told repeatedly.

Ford has proven it can compete with Toyota on certain products and to be honest when given an international budget can develop a product easily as good as anyone else. Ford doesn’t want to match Toyota’s sales methods in certain segments as has been shown by not bothering with base models and bottom rung pricing which Toyota is also slowly shifting away from allowing brands like Kia to step in. Therefore, Ford has decided it isn’t going for market leadership, can’t anyway without a full product range and so it will be very interesting to see what comes with the new updates and future products that jpd80 is alluding to.
Ford needs to decouple us from products that aren't working and start
looking at higher value products that certain buyers would lust after.

A three litre V6 diesel in Ranger and Everest would be a great start, maybe a
three Litre Ecoboost option for the Raptor and a HP Everest would give Jeep
Grand Cherokee SRT a kick in the guts. Do the simple obvious things but also
look at how much aftermarket optioning goes on with pimped up Rangers.

If Ford is watching, they need to be thinking seriously about Bronco for our market,
I would sooner they double down with that than keep selling over priced three
cylinder Foucs / Escape .....
there's another one, the Baby Bronco will be Escape sized and more chunky,
a much better fit than Ford soft almost phallic Euro styling...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote