View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #62
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I know we’ve moved on, but to quote Jimmy Carr, “I wish I could let it go but I just can’t”, the census in 2016 reported that the total number of people reported as being born in a country classified as Asian is as 10.3%, and the total number of people reported as being born overseas is 26%. That includes England who account for over 30% of that total alone.

Like I said, immigration is concentrated into the cities. Move out of them and you get a much more accurate picture. It doesn’t account for Toyota’s dominance. They just have a crazy broad range that do what they do well enough to keep people coming back.
But almost 3 quarters of the population live in metro areas so wouldn't they be more reflective of Australia? If you live regional, which is the minority, of course you're not going to see many immigrants. You're not accounting for the second generations with asian backgrounds either.

I do agree though that its not the reason Toyota are dominant. The broad range along with their reliability rep is what keeps them going strong.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: