View Single Post
Old 30-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #43
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mercedes Benz X-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipXW View Post
Why do people on here continue to generalise about this type of vehicle? If it doesn't suit your lifestyle don't get one, simple. I have owned many Falcons including an FPV and the Ranger is holding together way better than any of them. 3 years on and I could still get roughly 40k private sale. Less than 15k off purchase price. Besides an XR8 a 3yo falc would be lucky to be worth half its original value so even though you front up more to start with you're still gonna be in front. These cars are extremely versatile and as much as I've love a quick car, for day to day driving they really are a one trick pony and offer very little apart from a traffic light stab. Ill be moving this one on soon and buying another. Just hoping Ford offer the V6 ecoboost in the next, best of both worlds.
Glad your Ranger is. Bloke at work has just had $8000 of work done to his Ranger, and it was just out of warranty. Ford agreed to pay half god bless them.

Dual cabs are great vehicles, we had a dmax for 4 years and could not fault it-period, the thing was that good. I put the thing through hell and back and I did not have one fault the entire time I had it. Was cheap to run and cheap to service. We may get another dual cab down the track but it won't be a Merc.
If Ford offer the ecoboost V6 I'll look at the Ford - on any platform! I loved the dmax ruggedness but Fme I could never go back to a 4cylinder diesel in anything. Even if Merc offers the V6 I wouldn't be buying one. As mentioned, each to their own but Merc won't get my business.

Like him/hate him - JC. Forward to 1.35 :
https://youtu.be/4thuVBr_4EA

Last edited by chrisandsharon; 30-07-2017 at 09:23 PM.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote