View Single Post
Old 24-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #27
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: [How To] TDCI Timing Belt Replacement - 2.0L QXBA DW10 140PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion65 View Post
Tell me you guys turned it over by hand before trying to start on the starter motor!
lol that is in my 'Verification Procedure', four full rotations is enough of the crank but for safety sake I did 8 as that's two full combustion cycles and enough to pick a knock or a lockup result.

Good on you Rondo for having a go, and yeah the seal goes in dry and try and not put it on the same location the last seal ran on. I had mine slightly to the outside of the block, original were further recessed, as long as it's all in it will be fine. Back in the day there's a reason why speedy sleeves were needed.

I find it an easy job to do, easier than petrol simply because you don't need to remove the engine mount and support the engine to get the belt out. Perhaps a small part is because I'm somewhat in the Trade -Mining so already up to speed on mechanical work. If I ever do another one I doubt I'll verify it till it's all back together, the crank never moved, no different to the petrol brethren. Just being my first little diesel passenger jobby I thought to do it by the book. It's on me after all.