View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #41
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Living in Tasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMOND View Post
I moved to Tasmania nearly 7 years ago with my wife and kids from Queensland. We were originally going for 12 months to see what we thought of it. All I can say is, we’re still there 7 years on. Absolutely love the place, the best thing we’ve done.
We found the people really nice, and as far as the price of utilities, much cheaper than what we paid in Queensland, rego, power ect.
I do FIFO to Port Hedland in W.A, so come summer time when it’s 40 plus degrees at work, stepping of the plane into the cool Tassie air always brings a smile to my face.
I would add photos of some places but not sure how to do that yet.
We live about 25 minutes West of Launny. Hopefully we can buy some acreage next year and settle for good.
So many things to do and see, east coast has absolutely beautiful beaches, west coast has the mountains, and the North has the rolling hills and prime dairy country. The best part is everything is close.
Only down side is getting a vehicle to the mainland can be quite expensive, especially with a trailer behind.
Thats a pretty good setup.

One question though, the utopia would be working locally, is there anything for you in the area?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote