View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
bundybear75

Default Re: [How To] TDCI Timing Belt Replacement - 2.0L QXBA DW10 140PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybear75 View Post
I finally got around to starting to do mine on the weekend. 2012 MC.

Very similar to Cobrins above, a few slight differences in where the accessories mount and such. Starter motor was a B@%* to get to, had to remove the throttle body and some big plastic mounting thingy from behind it.

I used this kit :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gates-Ti...72.m2749.l2649

Which was a little over $150 posted and took about 2 weeks. All parts were spot on for the MC. I also used the same lock-up kit as Cobrin. The accessories drive belt is shorter on the MC (Electric power steer)

All went well but time consuming. A hoist would make this job so much easier.....

Hoping to have a chance to finish it in the morning.

There is no way I would of attempted this without Cobrins write up above.

Finally had time to finish this on the weekend. A very nervous moment when turning the key for the first time. All went well and seems to be driving normally (apart from the transmission shifting which will have to relearn my driving style).

Once again big thanks to Cobrin and his write up which gave me the confidence to attempt this. I wouldn't have even considered it without his pictorial.

A hoist would be a big help doing this job as its a pain to lay under the car reaching up but it is doable.

Cobrin I have a picture of the crankshaft/flywheel lock up tool in place I could PM you if you wanted to add it to your post?
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: