View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #14
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New car in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
I imagine 400nm through the front wheels will always produce wheel spin if you choose to drive in those controlled conditions. I'm more interested in getting power to the ground without any spin. Actually, now that I think about it, does the Mondeo have a traction control override switch like the FG's did ? I don't think I've seen one in the car.
You are quite correct.

Exiting from our housing estate, we enter a T junction onto an 80 kph limited main connecting road, facing uphill.

I have to be VERY careful executing a left hand turn here, moderate throttle will always break traction on the left side of the car. Gives SWMBO quite a fright - but I'm learning. The blue car has 320 NM the extra 80 NM on the red car might not seem much, but in first gear through the step down ratios it's probably in excess of 1000NM (total) at the wheels - and it breaks traction easily.

I really like diesels with that wide rev range at close to maximum torque figure, since the gearbox keeps you in the maximum torque range highway overtaking is almost a non event - but the adaptive cruise control slows you behind a slower vehicle so gently it's easy to suddenly find that you are 10 to 15 kph below the limit that you've chosen.

TTFN

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote