View Single Post
Old 26-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #19
Optional

Default Re: A Great Time To Be A Driving Enthusiast

Agree that the better driving aids become the 'worse' new drivers are going to be at old school control of cars.

Which means we need better and safer gizmos to keep up with the decline in skills.

It's inevitable what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
And back then there wasn't any camera's so you could get away with a hell of a lot more!
Stuff that would make the papers these days....
There is a 3km stretch of road near me that has always been a place people have sped for the 40 odd years I have known it. It's one of those rolling hilly straight stretches that you need to brake to stay under 60 and many people just go 70ish.

Back in the day there was a police radar car parked on it at least 2 or 3 times per month and as a bit of a hot foot teenager I pretty much never sped along it.

These days with a speed camera halfway along I have not seen a radar there in a decade. But now days majority of traffic does 70 or more, then brake to under 60 for the speed camera and speed up again down the next hill.

When busy it's actually more dangerous than it ever has been when a non local gets caught out by the late braking locals and speeding there is more regular than ever before I think.
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote