View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #1701
redman

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
This. The little touches in my VF make it such a hard package to go past. Little things like aircon that turns itself down when you take a call, HUD, speed limits that show up on the HUD, satnav directions displayed on the HUD, etc.

They might seem ****y, but really, the only people I hear saying those sorts of gadgets are pointless are those people trying to feel good about owning their woefully underequipped Falcons.

Honestly, unless Ford are going to sell the FH for a bargain price, why would you even look at it?
The ****y little touches in your VF do not make up for a car that lacks in engineering and design when compared to the FG. The appalling 'A' pillar blind spot, a body that only permits a 'ski hatch' instead of proper split folding read seats. Its a good thing GM (sort of) fixed the handbrake.

No amount of added on gizmos will let a VF sedan carry a new front door from Bunnings to home - with the boot closed, nor will a VF do 500km for $50 of fuel. My FG G6E EcoLPI does it easily. It is a car for driving, not for sitting in the garage playing with gadgets.

I am really looking forward the last iteration of along line and I don't care if it is FG3, FH or FZ. I really like the work from Nikked and the pics and hints from spyman03 etc. I will be in the queue come May 2015.

I don't need or want keyless entry. If it is provided I would prefer it as a 'delete-able' option. Same for heated seats - not requested and not required. These are the sorts of add-ons that when they fail (as all tech will eventually) make life difficult. Can you imagine a few years from now when your heated seats switch themselves on around noon on a balmy 40 degree day?
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: