View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #1698
Taily

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Explains why my hood lining is dropping, and my aircon doesn't get that cold, and my paint is sunburnt ..

The whole 'built to handle Aussie conditions' is almost as big a lie as holdens 'Aussie as football meat pies and kangaroos'.
I made that mistake just once. It was an expensive, painfull and drawn out experience and I'm glad I came back to fold and back into an Australian car now. I service my own vehicles and even I found the cost of parts for even a humble 4 year old (at the time I ditched it) VW Golf was bordering on ludicrous for windows that fell out, a/c compressor drive pin shearing (the a/c was marginal at very best from new), ECM and constant electrical issues, warping rotors (sounds almost familiar to the FG owners, myself included), trim pieces that were cheaply made and constantly fell off, door locks that broke even though they were rarely used and headlight lenses that were starting to go milky in the "harsh Newcastle sun". The list went on ad nauseum. When the engine was running long enough to actually get the car out of the driveway it went well and handled well to boot, which almost made up for that financial pain of owning it...

Nope, I understand what you are trying to say but in my experience Euro is a far more expensive long term ownership proposition than domestically produced.
Taily is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: