View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #1697
Taily

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
I honestly don't understand the anti-tech brigade. Yes you might not need heated seats, self parking, blind spot monitoring etc, but that doesn't mean that nobody wants them. Does your car have central locking? Air conditioning? Power windows? Imagine if everybody had your attitude. Cars these days probably wouldn't have tech we now take for granted.

It's almost as if some people here don't want the Falcon to move with the times. If so, feel free to keep driving your XK and let the rest of us join the 21st century.
Good points, but the tech itself isn't the issue. It is all well and good for people who want heated seats, self parking, apps to change the music, voice control (they must be working on thought control by now surely... or is that a little Orwellian?) etc etc, but what about those who don't want or need what are in reality just gimmicks? Safety stuff like reversing camera, blind spot monitoring etc are great standard inclusions and are very welcome inclusions as standard fare, but the lines are blurring between "need" and "want" for a lot of people now.

You don't "need" heated seats or an app to remind you to change your undies (upon reflection some actually might need something like that....), although they are nice to have. Just like I don't "need" a stonking great V8 or insane 6T to do it for me either but it sure is nice to slip behind my leather clad wheel, fire it up and sit there listening to the promise of hard in under brakes, tight on the apex and full noise on the edge of the tyres adhesion on the exit, all the while that exhaust is making the smooth sound of an angel gargling on Barry White's errrr, ummm - You young peeps probably wont understand....

What actually is needed is more focus on young driver standards and education, making them safer, more alert drivers rather than gimmicky rubbish that actually diverts their attention away from where it should be and continues to dumb down society to the point they cannot adequately control their vehicle enough to reverse park it.

Swings and roundabouts really. My thinking is that all the gimmicky stuff would be better as an option on the vehicle and the safety stuff should be incorporated when able as standard on the new car.

Now Ford, where are the pics of the XR8 I'll be buying come the end of the year?
Taily is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: