View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #60
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
Ford should have learnt from VW not to pretend there is no problem because it impacts buyer confidence in the cars
I said much the same in the other thread. Myself and my wife are examples of how Ford and their Powershift transmission have just lost at least 2 sales not only due to their constant denial of the obvious issues, but how they did handle them once we pushed hard enough and made enough threatening phone calls.

I sold our Focus only recently. The Mrs wanted a new small car and decided to get a Mirage, which she loves. Based on past experiences the Fiesta was not even on the short list.

Next year I want a mid sized diesel wagon and it will be an i40. There is no way in hell it would have been the Mondeo after what the Focus put us through. Being in our low 30's they certainly won't be the last cars we buy.

I would love to see the R&D schedule for the Powershift. How all these issues can appear in near new cars is beyond me. Why were they not picked up in the hundreds of thousands of harsh testing km's you assume is done prior to releasing a new model???

And the funny thing is, even Ford trained technicians have no clue how to diagnose and fix them.

I'm wondering why they didn't go down the CVT route. I was very sceptical of the CVT in the new Mirage, not due to past bad experiences, but because 'Fancy Tranny' = costly repairs out of warranty.

I must say the CVT in the Mirage is near perfect, it seamlessly adjusts revs and the thing is soooo economical it isn't funny. Believe it or not the Mirage spins at around 2200rpm at 110km/h, which is about the same as what the Focus ran at... go down hill and the revs drop to something stupid like 1800rpm...

I think the choice for all out economy and the selection of the Powershift was a grave mistake......

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: