Thread: Roadtrips
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #45
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Roadtrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
I personally didn't hear anything and I don't think my mate did either as there was no discussion around people yelling out at us.
We never went around that side of the track with the car. The closest we would have got was that we went to the car park on Wednesday evening when we rocked up there.
As for leaving, we left on Monday morning and headed west back home. Looking at Google maps, you were probably coming back in from the east of Bathurst from the caves?
Both of those times, we would have been towing the camper trailer too.

We drove in to town on Thursday and Saturday I think. But that was all via Barry Gurdon/Boundary Road. We never came down Panorama Ave all weekend. Avoided it due to the traffic you get on there.

I'm afraid to say, I reckon you waved at some other people driving a white XE that weekend.

It was Wednesday evening when I first saw the XE. Can't say I recall it towing anything.
And on the Monday after raceday we headed east and down to the caves and then Blue mountains. That same XE was already winding down the hill, returning from the caves. I thought, they are keen to have already been there, had a look around and driving back already and its only lunch time.

So I think you are right, I was yelling out at the wrong XE.

Had South Aus rego too, which was really the reason I figured it was you. There was not a lot of SA plates around.

This years roadtrip was pretty good though we did have some crap luck with weather.
From Bathurst we still had about 2 weeks so we visited Blue Mountains and headed to east coast and then drove up. Highest point was so I could take my son to Australia Zoo and my wife to Bribey Island.
We returned back to Adelaide inland (via Tamworth / Dubbo / Mildura).
Great holiday, got home wishing we'd had another 2 weeks of freedom.
Craig had a smile on his face the whole trip too, must've been that win on the Sunday.

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: