View Single Post
Old 14-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #513
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvxr8clubby View Post
Ford have a recalled every example - at least in the scope range - someone thinks they are flawed enough to recall them, do you not think there is an issue there, they don't recall for no reason. Are they recalling to inspect and perhaps do nothing (I doubt it), are they recalling to replace the heads or modify in some way. I know there is recall, I don't know exactly what their corrective action will be. My main point was with Powershift transmissions and then Ecoboost cracked head issues, personally I'm losing confidence to buy an Ecoboost engined car, and definitely won't buy a Power shift transmission Ford. My Fiesta has so far been fine, but it's not Ecoboost and it's not Power shift.
Yes, there is definitely a design inefficiency that could cause the head to crack and could lead to an engine fire, but it's not as simple as cracked heads that will definitely cause cars to catch fire. Ford are recalling relevant models to update the relevant parts and avoid the possibility of the chain reaction.

I wouldn't buy a PowerShift equipped Ford either.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote