View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good stuff. very well done, i reckon it should help a few people. even though they are a pain, you can drill those rivets out. i drilled mine out, you just need to use a fairly small drill bit and go in at an angle to the centre bit that pokes up. then go to a bigger bit to get most of the internals out. then you can wiggle the bracket and it will pull the rivets out of the doors. i do hate them though, they are a total pain.

the only other thing i noticed was, i guess you didn't get them, but the person i got my door trims off gave me the bolts for them too. there was one that went just above and in front of the top of the handle, although my car didn't have a thread in the hole the bolt was sort of self tapping, i just screwed it in and out slowly until it cut a thread for it. but, au3's may be different and i did mine quite a while ago so i can't quite remember exactly.

as for the circuit breaker, i just used a 30a fuse and it is holding up fine running both fronts together (haven't got enough fingers to do the rears too, lol) so, for anyone that doesn't have the breaker, that's another option.

you may require more than lemonade after you have finished it though
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote