View Single Post
Old 29-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Won't load up new posts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
This is because you have gone under quick links and clicked on "mark forums read".

If you were to then log out and come back a short time after, it is quite possible (depending on the time of day when forum activity is low, like the hours between 2.00 a.m. to 5.00 a.m.) that no new posts have been made. In this case you will get the "there is no new posts but you can click here to view the last posts from 24hrs prior" message which is normal and the system is functioning as it should.

P.S. - Clearing your browser history, cache or using cleaners such as CCleaner as many people do, will NOT affect the issue you describe, as the new posts showing is based on your log in since you last logged out, or new posts made while you are still logged in.
I've always done it that way and never had the issue.

For example the last time I was on was last night. I looked through all the posts and then clicked "mark forums read" via quick links (as I've always done for quite a while now).

Then I jump on the computer just this arvo (the following day) and the first thing I do is go to "new posts" , previously before this issue it would bring up all the new posts since I marked forums read the night before, but it now comes up and says "there are no new posts, click here for all posts 24hrs prior", so I do that and the new posts throughout the day that I've missed are there but so are some of the ones that I've already seen from the day before, as I assume its displayed all posts in a 24 hr period.

I never log in or out of this computer, as its mine and I'm logged on as memory all the time, I just close the page when shutting down the computer and then open up when I come online, but I've always done it this way for years.

It's only been in the last couple of days that when I come online the next day and try to load up all new posts, it says there isn't any but will allow me to load up posts from 24 hrs previously.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote