View Single Post
Old 14-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #296
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Anyone heard anything on the Falcon wagon yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Oops, forgot to update this since arriving home.

For those interested, after travelling the 2905km round trip, coming back via Bathurst which pushed the average fuel consumption out to 12.3l/100km, we managed to complete the journey on $265 of LPG.
Was telling a friend this and he basically called me a bloody liar as there's no way I could do it for that much apparently.
So I showed him the receipts and did the math...lol

Nearly got the old girl stuck in the Belanglo Forest which made all on board a little nervous
That fire track into the backpacker memorial is not suitable for anything other than 4x4's as we discovered.

And a heads up to anyone passing through Hay and looking for a nice place to lay down for the night, the Highway Inn Motel just off the main street on the road to West Wyalong was perfect in every way, spacious, modern and affordable.
Geeze that gas was cheap mate.
I did a similar length trip last Christmas, furthest point from home was esperance and some of the gas prices in the bush were outrageous. In some places I was paying slightly more for 98. Gas was around $1.45 per litre.
It was so high I remember thinking you wouldn't want a dedicated gas setup out here.
It's like they are trying to kill off gas in remote wa by pricing.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: