View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:21 PM   #294
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Anyone heard anything on the Falcon wagon yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Timely thread mine!

I've just arrived in Yass, 2 days into our 9 day trip from Adelaide to Sydney and return to watch our Daughters sport.
We thought we'd take our time and stop at various towns for a look along the way and stretch it over 3 days.

The weapon of choice is my BF3 Egas wagon and what a ride, so comfortable for touring around, 4 adults, fully loaded luggage compartment and returning 12.8l/100km with A/C on from Barmera and paying between 69.9 (Mildura independent) and 76.9cpl (Caltex Wagga) so sub $100 thus far for the 1100km we've covered.
That's 4cyl territory!
I'd calculated we'd use around $250 worth of gas for the 2800km return trip which is looking bang on the money at this stage.

I still find it hard to believe that more people didn't buy these things when they were in production, bloody great car for our big country.

Egas Wagon..FTW!
Oops, forgot to update this since arriving home.

For those interested, after travelling the 2905km round trip, coming back via Bathurst which pushed the average fuel consumption out to 12.3l/100km, we managed to complete the journey on $265 of LPG.
Was telling a friend this and he basically called me a bloody liar as there's no way I could do it for that much apparently.
So I showed him the receipts and did the math...lol

Nearly got the old girl stuck in the Belanglo Forest which made all on board a little nervous
That fire track into the backpacker memorial is not suitable for anything other than 4x4's as we discovered.

And a heads up to anyone passing through Hay and looking for a nice place to lay down for the night, the Highway Inn Motel just off the main street on the road to West Wyalong was perfect in every way, spacious, modern and affordable.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: