View Single Post
Old 30-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #280
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
They are two very different target markets. I want a Soft Roader. When you get used to the higher driving position, it is very hard to go back. What I don't want is an Offroader. Nissan can pull this off with the Pathfinder and Murano (which would sell a damn sight more if it wasn't ugly), and Toyota were able to pull it off with the 4Runner/Prado and Rav-4.
Yes. Which is why I am thinking that the two may just be able to get along. One will be a hard-core off roader and the other a soccer Mum SUV. You could even keep them separated by way of keeping the features/content of the T6 below the Territory and turn the Territory into a more upmarket car like Mazda have done with the CX9.

Toyota seem to have all the bases covered with the RAV4, Kluger, Prado and Landcruiser. 2 soft roaders and 2 hard core off roaders. Although I do still wonder why they made the RAV4 so close in size to the Kluger, but when you look at the feature sets of the two, that is how they keep them apart, as suggested above.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote