Thread: Wet Carpet
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #18
msford

Default Re: Wet Carpet

Hi again

I'm back because the recent rain in Melbourne has more likely identified my problem and it wasn't/isn't the a/c drain tube. I had that fixed by an auto electrician a few months ago who used his air pressure gun to blow out any blockage but I noticed there was still dampness on the driver's side both at my feet and also on the passenger side. Moreso after the more recent bursts of rain. The dry patch we had in recent weeks disguised the real cause of my problem.

So after it stopped raining today I checked the car and, sure enough, it was damp on the carpet in the same locations as previously (driver and passenger right behind the driver).

I had a quick check of the seals and even pulled a few out and, sure enough, I could see drops of water getting in somehow. The seals looked ok to my eye but who do I take the car to (when they reopen, of course) for a professional check? Panel beater?

When I get a chance I might try a hose test and have someone pour water over various parts of the car to see if I can identify the location where the water might be coming in from. I figure I've got another 4-6 weeks of this lockdown so I'll have the time to do it. And I have to hope more rain doesn't cause any further damage. I only have outdoor parking, unfortunately.

2020 sucks.

Last edited by msford; 19-08-2020 at 06:34 PM.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote