Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #280
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
So I’m not one that cares much for mowing & haven’t really liked our Honda hru19m1 since we got it. Had a few issues from day one that have now been sorted but still not a fan.

So anyway, I’d been looking at a few different battery options & was liking the ego or new? Husqvarna (bloody expensive). I’d spotted the aeg 58v a while ago & today at Bunnings I had a better look.

Turns out they had a mower skin on clearance for $200 from $399 so we grabbed it. Gonna grab the line trimmer kit next week which will give us the battery & charger. Both have a free battery via redemption so will end up with 3 shortly. Find out how it goes soon enough.

Hopefully the pics aren’t too big

Now , that's nice ...Looks pretty robust too .. AEG if anything like their other stuff is well made and reliable . Your thoughts after a while on how you like it all would be awesome .

I've taken a step or two down the electric battery path by buying a little Rockwell line trimmer a few months ago .Too slow of course for bigger jobs and not meant for it anyway so I use my Jonsered and Husky for that (both brushcutters) . Around tight corners and gaps like behind sheds , trees , shrubs , flower beds, latticework etc. it's great . Cost me $109 at Mitre 10 . A couple of days ago I was again in Mitre 10 to get a third battery for my Makita and saw the Rockwell bonus battery and charger kit for the princely sum of $49 so I bought that too . I get about a good 40 minutes out of the little line trimmer but for not too much I have the option of a second battery now and a back up charger . On Rockwell , it's not too bad of stuff for what you pay but with my drill / driver , jigsaw , circular saw kit and five piece combo kit that lives in the car , none have ever let me down.

With battery powered garden gear it's getting a genuine option to fuel powered and in so many ways makes great sense . The prices now too are really great aka yours .. Thanks for posting .

Last edited by roddy1960; 07-03-2019 at 09:38 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: