View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #9
R12RT

Default Re: 2016 Mondeo woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
For your sake I hoped it would be something simple but with the Mondeo being such a high tech vehicle, I'm not surprised that it's going to be a few days to get the problem fully analysed.

If this is the dealer who sold it to you, hopefully you'll be well looked after while the repairs are being carried out.

To keep things moving, I would call them at least twice a day to ask for an update. If you do this, they won't lose you in the crowd. After all they have many cars
and customers to deal with each day and you're just one of them.
Unfortunately the car is not at the selling dealer. The roadside assist only covered towage to the closest dealer.

So far the the dealer has been very positive. At first they advised me that the workshop was fully booked until next week and they would look at my car if they had time. The service adviser told me yesterday that the workshop foreman was looking at my car.

The problem they have is that this doesn't appear to be a common problem with this model so they don't have a lot of information to work with. A Google search doesn't show up any issues with the steering rack on these cars.

As long as they fix the car properly with no further issues I will be reasonably happy. I will have to deal with the inconvenience.
R12RT is offline   Reply With Quote