View Single Post
Old 24-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #35
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: WTB: BA RTV alloy wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake View Post
What does 10P mean, 10mm?

is that really ok to use.
Yes it means the wheel mounting face is offset from the centreline. A positive offset, which is what the P designates, moves the wheel inboard under the car. A negative offset moves it out. However as the factory offset is larger at 21.5P a 10P offset moves the wheel out 11.5mm further than the factory alloy RTV wheels.

Provided there is still clearance you are allowed to widen the track of a car 25mm. That means you can run 12.5mm less offset than factory spec each side. So yes 10P is still legal on an RTV. In fact as the Utes are classified as Commercial vehicles I believe the regulations allow for a 50mm wider track but that would deifinately have clearance issues on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys123
10 MM positive, I doubt they would be ok.
Seem fine on mine
The lower offset even allowed the taller tyres to fit on the front, with a few other mods
Australian made CSA Spirit 16x7" wheels. Load rated to 900kg ea. 5x114.3 10P.

Last edited by Raptor; 24-06-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: