View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #1802
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Today I had the opportunity to drive the Raptor. I will say from the beginning that dual cab pickups aren’t really my thing. They just don’t suit me needs as a working tool of trade or as a recreational / fun car. But after driving it I can totally understand why someone would absolutely love this thing.

The level of cabin refinement was hugely impressive and the seats exceptionally comfortable, as was ride quality. I could see this being a very easy car to do long distance touring in. I also really liked the steering wheel with shift paddles and the rather pointless red position indicator strip. The engine has unquestionably been a controversial tropic but, frankly it suits the character of the vehicle, is much more refined than the old 3.2 I5 and is toey enough when the foot goes down, the gearbox doing a great job of tapping into the engines reserve of torque. Look, its not a firecracker of an engine (although that is probably a skewed comment owing to the fact I had just jumped out of 10 speed Mustang GT) but it is NOT a deal breaker. You can feel the weight hiding under this vehicle though and those chucky tires make themselves felt through corners but this a fun and entertaining vehicle to drive, and as I said, I totally understand the appeal.

For anyone who has doubts about this car, go to your local dealer and take one for a drive. If you then still don’t like it fine, but from someone who doesn’t really like/need these type of vehicles, I couldn’t get the smile off my face.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
13 users like this post: