View Single Post
Old 15-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #102
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron to be updated and target 460km/hr

Have to disagree with you here.
Accidents by definition will always happen, in my view it is philosophically naive to think otherwise.

Many countries are more productive then Australia - over large distances, why can't people transport quickly? They can in France, China, USA, just to name three (and all with substantially larger populations.

Nanny state is entirely reasonable. The rules of this state are so onerous, we find even those setting them, can't abide by them. Australians are too empathetic to stand up for anything collectively, the politicians continue to have their way with us, unabated.

Let me ask you - given the appalling state of our roads and your views on speed limits, have you had your cars fitted with a speed limiter for safety purposes?

I ask, because the accident with the R35 could quite as easily have occurred with some P plater in a Corolla crashing at 100 km/h into an power pole side on.

I have nothing against someone who sits on the speed limit, or even 10 under, provided I am afforded the reasonable opportunity to overtake safely (above the speed limit) to minimise time spent on the "wrong" side of the road.

Oh, and there are definitely more then 1 or 2 people on this forum who can afford the cost of a track day. Not a lot of coin needed, and car type is no matter (although I imagine it would be disconcerting should some P plater in a $3000 commodore be ahead of your Porsche and somewhat sideways.)

Back to Topic, was not a fan of the Veyron, but love the Chiron.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: