View Single Post
Old 29-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #41
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe we need to get off our fat ar$es and walk alittle more!

Lets all be realistic about this. Surely everyone knows its about money. I don't know much about these things as I am just a lay man, but the higher the fuel price, the higher the tax revenue. Think the government truely gives a toss about us? Pay up people. Running the country is now become a business seeing who can raise the biggest pile of coin.
I to enjoy going for a cruise just as much as the next car lover. But I haven't taken the TS on the highway since January this year. It's not the daily driver .... I'm also fortunate that I live in a small town where everywhere is only 10 minutes from home, and I commute to and from work via company car.
The wifes dual cab, on the other hand, paying $1.88 a litre for diesel does hurt. Lucky it lasts about a month (120L tank). Here we pay an extra 10c a litre more for fuel then on the coast ... and we are only 180 from a coastal fuel station. You can't tell me it costs that much per litre to get it out here! When you are towing 40000 litres ..... well you do the sums.
I agree, it shouldn't be this way as it will affect the nation as a whole. Tourism industries will die, transport of food etc has to increase. That snowball is starting to build up and gain momentum, and when it stops, it will stop with a hard, sudden bang. Only then will we know the true impact of all this.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote