View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #13
Bradxbv8
more cubic inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
hey brad, did you find the 235's touched the shell on full lock and/or did you move the wheels forward slightly (caster i think). when my 15 x 8 challengers with 235 x 60 went on they rubbed slightly. after much hassle with the tyre fitter they were finally changed to 225 x 50. i never wanted 235 x 60 - i was told incorrectly i could get 235 x 50 and the height of them would have been perfect. in the end they changed them and they no longer rub and are almost the right height in relation to the rears and how low it is
mine has the 15 x 10 challengers (must be a 4.5 inch backspace i assume) with 265 x 50 yokahama 352's and 15 x 8 with 225 x 50 bridgestone potenza's. the diff is from a 1974 ltd. the rear is lowered around 3/4 inch with an extra 2 inch lowering blocks (2 3/4) and the front has been lowered 2 inches 20 years ago
it has slight rubbing marks on the left rear tyre (probably from the morwell hill climb) and none on the right side. the guards are standard with no rolling. it has not had rear seat passengers since the v8 went in, so maybe if i filled the back seat up i may get some rubbing
it is weird that most people seem to have less room on the left than right on coupes. no one ever seems to rub on the right side
Gday GTXB67
to be honest i have only gone maybe 200km in the car this hole summer, and yes turining right up the driveway i have to take it slowly or something does touch. At this stage, im unsure just where it is touching, i thought it may have been on the inside. I intend to investigate this further, as time permits. two young kids a house reno and a full on job does not leave much spare time.
The other thing is that i froze and stuffed the LPG mixer and it runs like crap on petrol, heres a laugh, need to loose the 350 single barrel holley and let it breath, all in good time.